Re: Trying out HURD

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:45:19 +0200, "Marco Gerards"
<metgerards@student.han.nl> said:

> > Goody! So ten days well wait then. I hope the release would be announced
> > on this list right?
>
> Or just use K6 and use apt-get to get an up-to-date system.

Nah! Problem is that I will be downloading HURD on my pc at work, but
installing it on my pc at home. And the pc at home is on a pathetically
slow dial-up that I don't want to use apt-get from there. :)

This is the reason I am not trying K6 even. From what I see, that too
has to be installed primarily over the net right? (As in, one downloads
the ~30MB ISO file, and the rest has to happen through the net?) (Not
too clear on that though, this is what I understood from reading stuff
here and there).

Thanks,
Rakhesh