Re: stickybit & runlevel question

> Still, why would you want to turn it off, since we may in the future
> take it as some kind of VM preferencing hint?

I can't 'startx' as an unprivileged user.  Not knowing the purpose of 's', and
comparing permissions of my working Debian GNU/Linux setup lead to the
question.  I gather the 's' is not the problem.  I'm not looking to get
flamed.  However, it seems that every other aspect is properly set.  I think
I will just stop wasting time and settle on the console.

Ron