stickybit & runlevel question

-rwsr-sr-x    1 root     root         7828 Apr 28 11:23 X
The 's' is a 'stickybit', right?  Is this something Hurd needs?  Can I chmod
+x X, without causing any grief.

When updating / installing certain packages, I get an error involving
inetutils-inetd.  One of the problems is that /sbin/runlevel is a
non-existent file or directory.  I 'find -name *runlevel*' and it certainly
doesn't appear to be in the root directory.  Do you folks have
this /sbin/runlevel?  Do I need to make it?  Do I need to edit something in
dpkg to look for something else?

Ron