Re: Debian GNU/Hurd section in Debian installation manual is going to be removed

Jeff Bailey wrote:
It looks like they're also deleting the GNU/Linux sections, so as long
as the rest of the manual isn't Linux-specific, I don't see it as a
problem.

Yes, but the only reply till now[1] contains the following:

Points 1.1 - 1.4: Why do you want to remove such a great info? I think it is important to mention Debian is something more than just "another Linux distribution".

One of the facts that it's not just another Linux distro it that it incubates Debian GNU/Hurd and Debian GNU/K*BSD.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/05/msg01148.html

Regards,
ogi