Re: first contact

Hi!

An:     debian-hurd@lists.debian.org
Kopie:   (Blindkopie: Thomas Schweikle/FAG/FIDUCIA)
Thema:  Re: first contact

> On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 11:03:11AM +0100, yam wrote:
>> I just downloaded last hurd iso image (hurd-J2-CD1.iso), and what I
>> tried first is to install it into VMWare virtual machine (maybe this
>> aint supported at all though), it doesnt work, after following dialog
>> menus (similar to debian) and rebooting, it stays blank, I get nothing.
>>
>> Is it caused by VMWare? would it work with a normal installation
>> directly from cd?

I've hadn't had any problems installing Hurd on VMware. Works seamlessly.
Could you please tell what version on VMware you are using?

> VMWare is not supported software, and will not be as long as it
> remains non-free.  Please see
> http://hurd.gnufans.org/bin/view/Hurd/NewbieQuestions

VMware doesn't run on Hurd. That's clear. They would have to change a lot
to make it work!

--
Thomas