Re: J2, needed packages

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 01:42:32PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:

> It sounds as though I should push on with the CDs regardless of perl and
> g++.  Agreed?

mh, it might be worth to wait a bit.  There can not be much of a difference
between the last images and the one you have pending right now, but by
waiting a bit, maybe with Michals work we get perl 5.8 eventually.

I am right now leaving turtle running mostly unattended (the second machine
helps) to support Jeff until his buildd is up and running again.  It makes
50 package updates per day, approx (100 so far), and it should have enough
food to run over a whole week.  It is your call after all, but if Neal puts
up a pthread enabled package within the next days, we could be in for some
exciting updates in the next weeks.

But OTOH, I will be gone for the second half of october, so it might also be
that we won't get much done until november, so now might be a good break
point as the peace before the storm.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/