Re: available packages?

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 11:23:31AM -0700, KUHLMAN,TIMOTHY M (HP-Loveland,ex1) wrote:

> I have tried using apt to install a couple of packages I think are
> pretty basic but keep getting the message "package X has no
> available version, but exists in the database . . ." I assume
> nothing is wrong with my setup and these really aren't available. It
> should be noted that I don't have alpha.gnu.org in my sources list
> only ftp.debian.org. The reason for this is because I need to use a
> http proxy to get out to the net and alpha.gnu.org appears to only
> support ftp. Is there an alternative place to get some of these
> packages or do they not exist?

We're in the middle of a transition where we're updating all the
packages in the archive.  Your best bet is to read the archives at
http://lists.debian.org/ for the last month or so, and you'll get a
picture of where we are.

If you stay subscribed to this list, you'll be notified of updates as
they happen over the next week or so.

Sorry about the hassle!

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
 One of the great things about books is sometimes
 there are some fantastic pictures.