Re: RMS interview on LWN

Bill Bland <wjb@netpd.com> writes:

> and I'm confused about something: RMS says "You can even use GDB to
> debug the file system while the system is running--thread-specific
> breakpoints allow you to..."

That is right.  All the Hurd server run entirely in User space which
makes it possible to simply attach gdb to them.

> So was RMS talking about a different threads library or something
> that is planned but not yet implemented?

You are right, pthreads isn't ported yet, people are working on that.
The Hurd currently uses the cthreads library.

		moritz
--
moritz@duesseldorf.ccc.de - http://duesseldorf.ccc.de/~moritz/
GPG fingerprint = 3A14 3923 15BE FD57 FC06  B501 0841 2D7B 6F98 4199