Antwort: Re: Debian GNU or Debian GNU/Hurd?

As You can see in most FAQs, the kernel is the Mach.

Evandro Fernandes Giovanini <efgbr@terra.com.br>
28.09.01 00:27

        An:     "Thomas Bushnell, BSG" <tb@becket.net>
        Kopie:  debian-hurd@lists.debian.org
        Thema:  Re: Debian GNU or Debian GNU/Hurd?

On Qui, 2001-09-27 at 04:05, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

> Well, if RMS prefers "Debian GNU/Hurd", then I have no objection to
> the name.

Here's a message found in my Inbox:

On Seg, 2001-09-10 at 01:58, Richard Stallman wrote:
>> Do you think the GNU system running the GNU Hurd kernel should be
>> called GNU or GNU/Hurd?
>
> We use both names.  This is the GNU system, but when we want to
> emphasize
> the contrast with the GNU/Linux variant, we call it GNU/HURD.

Until GNU/Hurd gets more attention (there's not even an offical Debian
release based on it yet) it seems clear that the contrast with GNU/Linux
should be emphasized.

Now the question is: is the kernel "GNU Hurd" or "The GNU Hurd"? ;)

--
Evandro