Re: Debian GNU or Debian GNU/Hurd?

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 04:40:58AM -0500, Kevin Kreamer wrote:
> Somehow I see this going the way of Xwindows[sic].  Specifically, as
> a frequent correction offered by pedants to uninterested newbies.

We should avoid this, as this would be useless.  Me too and certainly others
are subsequent to improper naming of things in e-mail, because time is short
and there are more important things to get right in technical discussions.
There will also be all sort of mistakes as you listed, but this should not
be of concern either.

What we can can and should do is to make sure that all official documents
are correct.

> release of "GNU Hurd"

If you look into the Hurd info manual and the README, you will find "the GNU
Hurd" in all but one instance (the first line of README has only "GNU Hurd").
So there is a strong precedence for "the GNU Hurd".

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de