Many questions about Hurd , we need help
We’ve no experience in real-time software (just the student
So,as we need to start, we choose a free software :hurd.
It will be nice if you’ll be agree to answer our questions.
Here are our interrogations :
- Which platforms are allowed with Hurd ?
- Could you give us some cross referencer name for development ?do any
debugging tools existing ?
- Which kind of communication between task are possible ? (mail box ?,
shared memory ?, sockets ?)
and how do they work ?
- How do hurd manage the task memory allocation ?(pagination ?,
dynamic allocation ?)
- How many tasks can run in the same time ?
- What is the time switch between tasks ?
- How the task overflow is manage by hurd ?
- How context memory is manage ?
- About the scheduler : Could you explain us how the scheduler is
working ?(time quantum,
- dynamic priority).
- In comparaison with VXWorks and PSOS+, what does hurd offer more ?
- What are the mains problems with hurd ?(deadlocks).
- Today, which industrials sectors use Hurd (for which applications) ?
- Could you give us a basic example of a Hurd program ?
- What is your feeling about Hurd ?
We’ve already surf on the web and read GNU sites, but its
contains very generals informations.
Thanks a lot for your help, cordially,
Franck, Dominique, Ludovic, Christophe. (french guys)