Re: Hurd F1 CDs

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 04:40:56PM -0800, Ian Duggan wrote:
> I had this problem too after and apt-get upgrade. It turned out that I
> was missing the softlink:
>
> 	/lib/libslang.so --> /lib/libslang.so.1
>
> Things started working after that.

This points at some problem in the build process. The ae has the wrong
soname built in. The above link should not be necessary.

I don't know how ae got the soname. Maybe rebuilding ae on a system without
this link will work. Maybe the build process of ae contains some linux/hurd
incompatibility, which should be removed (both packages should be
identical).

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de