Re: The Hurd archive

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 09:40:03AM +0000, Philip Charles wrote:
> By no means all the problems are in pool.  I checked Netscape and found
> that there were a number Netscape bits and pieces in ./binary-all, in the
> Hurd Packages lists.
>
> The hurd-F1-main will be able to cope with this because of dependency
> checking and no doubt the hurd-F1-extra can be kept down to size through
> an exclusion list.  But there is a major problem in building the Packages
> lists for the official Debian archive and this will become more obtrusive
> as time goes on.

This is a concsequence of the fact that 1. we have not ported all packages
yet and 2. there are packages binary all which shouldn't be. The latter can
only be fixed by modifying the notion of architectures in the Debian
packaging system, you have followed the discussion about this last week.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de