integrating a new network driver

Hi folks !
I'm currently having a look had gnumach to figure out how to integrate
support for a Netgear FA311. There are drivers for Linux2.2 available in
source (GPL) and from what a brief look at the sources revealed, the
interfacce didn't change that much.

I have already had a look at i386/Drivers.in, where the selection-mechanism
for the single drivers is and also found the generic probe-function where I
would have to add a call of the new code.
Are there any other things I should look at ? Guides, reports etc ?
Should I at all try to integrate the driver into gnumach or rather oskit-mach?

btw: I fail to compile the Gnumach-sources (they're a bit old, but...): a
'uname -p' reveals 'unknown' ( under Hurd and Linux) so
gnumach refuses to compile.

cheers
Ulrich Eckhardt