status

Hi,

(See http://people.debian.org/bailey/status/index.php)

gpm is not trivially portable (it uses a lot of Linux syscalls directly to
do its thing). aalib and jed should definitely not depend on it.

Unfortunately, build dependencies can't be specified with [linux] or
[!hurd]. So we have to live with [!hurd-i386] for now.  Anybody who wants to
work out a patch and policy proposal for a better solution will get my
support.

I am going to file bug reports against allib and jed now.

Jeff, please force the build of these two. It should be safe to ignore the
faulty build depends. Oh, and it seems you need to install latex2html for jed.
That's binary all, but it depends on some nasty graphic packages (netpbm,
pbmtopng). The failed status of netpbm-free is spurious (couldn't find dsc
file, so it seems to be a download error). pnmtopng is also missing.

I think someone posted patches for both or either of these to this list long
ago, but I can't find anything in the bug logs, so we need to redo those.
Shouldn't be too hard.

Thanks,
Marcus