Yaay! I compiled oskit-mach, except it doesn't work :-(

But it compiled with no warnings ( native Hurd compile ).

Initially it failed, MiG wanted to use i386-gnu-gcc

I did this:

# cd /usr/bin
# ln -s gcc i386-gnu-gcc

Then back to the build....

# cd /src/oskit-mach/build
# ../configure --host=i386-pc-gnu
# make MAKE="make -j10"

It built in a few minutes with _no_ warnings.

So i did this:

# cd /boot
# cp /src/oskit-mach/build/kernel .
# strip kernel
# gzip -9 kernel
# reboot

Great! I did the GRUB thing and booted...
it got about 10 lines into the boot and halted
with some technical looking debugging errors.

Ok, maybe I shouldn't strip it... I try this:

# cd /boot
# cp /src/oskit-mach/build/kernel .
# gzip -9 kernel
# reboot

Now after GRUBbing it, it prints about
four lines and then reboots! Hmm... something
is wrong.

Any hints, maybe ../configure --enable-something   ???

2'nd question, I now have cable internet on EtherExpress Pro 100.
I try to do ifconfig and it's missing. Also ifup is missing. What
exactly is the Hurd way to bring ether online?

My box has a static IP 192.168.100.101 and my D-Link DI-701
gateway is 192.168.100.1  -- my nameserver is already in resolv.conf.
My setup is an 8-port switching hub connected to the DI-701 router.

L8r Daze,

- Doug