Hurd limitations

Hello,

I have noticed several limitations with Hurd, that occur because
it is totally different to Linux. I am wondering what long term
solution, if any, if proposed to get around these:

- non-root filesystems not checked on startup.
Reason: no way to tell what filesystems exist, apart from /.

- task packages, like task-devel-common and task-debian-devel do not
  install.
Reason: strace wont work on the Hurd. (not sure about fakeroot).

- multiple mount-points (new feature of Linux). Is this possible on
the Hurd? (I doubt it...)
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>