Re: linux partition in hurd

On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 10:51:51PM +0100, Pupala Ronald <pupala@sse-za.sk> was heard to say:
> >and there are limitations on that for x86 platforms.
>
> On Linux too :-) ?

  Yes, but Linux doesn't try to mmap partitions to mount stuff, so
these limitations don't cause problems with big filesystems for it.

  Daniel

  PS - 64-bit systems technically have the same limitation, it's just that
you'd need a disk with more bytes of information than the number of atoms
in the known universe (or some similarly ridiculous number) to run afoul
of them.

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|                If we do not change our direction                            |