R on the Hurd

Hi,

(this is a repeat of my previous message to help-hurd, nobody answered, I
suppose because of it was inappropriate on that list?!)

I compiled R (a programming environment for statistics, and so), and compiles
on the Hurd without help. Using is different. After starting it, I get a
warning that I have an undefined symbol somewhere (whatever that means) in an
X shared library.
Running with disabled gui, it seems to start well, and the intensive 'make
test' with disabled gui runs better, but after a while I get a message that
resembles the old one

Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
	unable to load shared library "/home/zs/R-1.1.1/library/eda/libs/eda.so":
  /home/zs/R-1.1.1/library/eda/libs/eda.so: undefined symbol: R_rsort
Error in library("eda") : .First.lib failed
Execution halted

What is this? Besides minor problems, this is what prevents to migrate my
daily work to the Hurd, so please, try to help me to sort this out. I am using
the late september build from the tarball, with the somewhat newer gnumach,
and the 3.?? X.

Thanks, Zsombor