PPP

Hello all as I hope some of you know I am attempting to get PPP to work for
the HURD. As of right now I am still trying to figure out some of the HURD
internals, Mach and all how it all works. I am making some progress and I
am writing a Programming HOWTO. I heard that there was a patch
for pfinet to allow it to have multiple interfaces so my question is where is
it? Is it usable and if so is there a reason why it is not in CVS? If it is
not usable (or I am mistaken and something like this does not exist) then is
it true that whoever does implement PPP will have to help rewrite pfinet? I
still have two more months to devote to it (I do have some other classes
though, but they are HSS classes, not much hacking going on there :P ). I
hope at the very least I can help get pfinet rewritten then the porting of
some user space utilities (BSD ppp or whatever) would be the next logical
step, right? Anyway I really need some feedback from you guys (I thought my
last post made it to the list, but no one responded).

Also after going back through and rereading some messages I have saved I
realize that libstore is a good place to look for implementation ides for the
new pfinet. I guess once I fell confident enough I'll start there.

Dan
Daniel E. Baumann
E-mail: baumannd@msoe.edu (preferred)
        baumannd@users.sourceforge.net
        baumannd@penguinpowered.com
        baumannd@obfuscation.penguinpowered.com (caution: dynamic DNS)

Web location: 	http://www.msoe.edu/~baumannd
                http://www.linuxfreak.com/~baumannd

"Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code."

      -- Dave Olson