Re: porter meeting tomorrow

On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 05:08:08PM -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 4:45 PM, dann frazier <dannf@dannf.org> wrote:

> >> Sure, let's tentatively schedule this for:
> >>
> >> Tuesday February 1st at 3:00pm EDT (2011.02.01) on #parisc (irc.oftc.net).
> >
> > fyi, log of today's meeting is available here:
> >  http://parisc-linux.org/~dannf/hppa-porter-meeting-20110201.txt
>
> I apologize for not making the meeting, I got pulled away at the last
> minute to get some other things done for work.
>
> Let me write out what I would have said at the meeting:
>
> What do *I* want from an hppa distribution?
>
> * Unstable is good enough for me.
>
> * Basic network based installs.
>
> Can debian-ports achieve that?

yes, I believe so.

> What do others want from an hppa distribution?
>
> How do we get this done?
>
> What is the next step?

Assuming the above is our consensus, then the next step is probably to
let the debian release folks know that they can drop the squeeze suite
for hppa.

Also, we need to meet with the debian-ports people (aka Aurelien) to
find out how to start the migration. I know Aurelien mentioned that
they are running low on disk space, so we may need to resolve that
initially.

Longterm, we'll probably need someone who can build/test/publish
installers, and presumably host an install-howto page on p-l.org.

Unless something changes in the next day or so, I'll get those steps
going.