Re: xmms2 failed to build on hppa

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 1:32 AM, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
> Benjamin Drung wrote:
>> We need your help to find the root issue. I assume that it is a bug in
>> python, eglibc, or another core package.
>
> It's a known issue that's already on the ToDo list.
>
> However, there are a few other issues that have higher priority and there's
> only one person (Carlos O'Donell) really working on them. Additional help
> would undoubtedly be appreciated.

Python crashes on an SMP system when configuring xmms2. We don't know
the cause, and as Frans points out, it is on the todo list, but lower
down the list than other serious issues (vfork/fork + exec problems).

Did we work around this by having someone rebuild xmms2 on a UP system
and doing a binNMU?

Cheers,
Carlos.