Re: open issues with the hppa port
- To: dann frazier <email@example.com>
- Cc: LaMont Jones <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Carlos O'Donell <email@example.com>, Luk Claes <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: open issues with the hppa port
- From: Andreas Barth <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 22:58:26 +0200
- Message-id: <20090911205826.GQ19557@mails.so.argh.org>
- Mail-followup-to: Andreas Barth <email@example.com>, dann frazier <firstname.lastname@example.org>, LaMont Jones <email@example.com>, Carlos O'Donell <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Luk Claes <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <20090911203500.GO30900@lackof.org>
- References: <4A9D67FA.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20090909035322.GC7846@lackof.org> <email@example.com> <20090910170635.GD30900@lackof.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20090911170637.GL30900@lackof.org> <email@example.com> <20090911200124.GA13646@mix.mmjgroup.com> <20090911203500.GO30900@lackof.org>
* dann frazier (firstname.lastname@example.org) [090911 22:35]:
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 02:01:24PM -0600, LaMont Jones wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 02:06:36PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> > > On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 1:06 PM, dann frazier<email@example.com> wrote:
> > > What happened to sarti? Loosing a box like that would certainly add
> > > load to the others.
> > Sarti failed to power on one day.
> > > >> >> Are you allowed to boot a kernel/initrd that I send you?
> > > >> > I don't see why not, assuming these changes don't add a risk of
> > > >> > producing bad binaries.
> > > >> To be safe, I think we should be throwing away the packages built when
> > > >> running the instrumented kernel. Is there a way we can do that? Can
> > > >> you find that out for me?
> > > > That would probably need to be answered by LaMont - he's the buildd
> > > > admin for these boxes.
> > > OK, I'll wait for LaMont to comment.
> > Simplest way is to change ~buildd/.forward-porters (or whatever it is)
> > to not send the logs to me. second best would be to tell me what not to
> > upload. :-(
> That would prevent it from getting uploaded, but won't that package
> get marked as built, preventing other buildds from trying?
It won't prevent the package from being moved from Needs-Build to some
other state with that effect.
Easiest to avoid that is to just push a bunch of packages into
buildd/REDO, and disable access to wanna-build (that will also
definitly prevent that packages are being uploaded).