Re: HPPA and lenny

Matt Taggart wrote:
> The real problem is that no one is fixing hppa kernel problems. I don't see
> much point in keeping the archive up to date if nobody is working on fixing
> the kernel (not currently and I suspect not in the future either). This has
> been stated on the debian-hppa list several times over a long period and in
> that time no one (AFAIK) has stepped up to work on it.

Matt,

We have done quite some bugfixing in the last weeks and upstream
2.6.28-rcX works pretty well now.
The only problem I'm facing personally right now, is that the kernel
might hang on a spinlock (network/cache-flushing) when I compile a
special (commercial) application on hppa. I assume this is the same bug
which happens with the compilation of ruby. I'll test tonight and I've
already some ideas on how to track this bug.
That said, I agree that things are not 100% perfect, but it isn't as bad
either...

Helge