715/50: sarge install fine, but kernel lock on boot

Hello,

I've just tried twice to install sarge on my 715/50 ; both install went
just fine (netbooted from a debian/ppc box), but the system (I had
choosen the 32 bits non-smp 2,6 kernel) lock on boot after launching
fsck on the main partition:

#####
fsck 1.37 (21-Mar-2005)
/: clean, (...)
EXT3 FS on sda5, internal journal
#####

after a few minutes the display "blanks", and the box seems to keep
sitting there... I tried the first time to partition by hand, but the
second attempt was using defaults settings.

Any idea what I might have done wrong ? With a 'clean' filesystem, I
don't think it should fsck for more than half an hour...

Thanks in avance for any help,

--
Romain Dolbeau
<romain@dolbeau.org>