Re: GCC 4.0 as the default GCC / C++ ABI change

Hi all,

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 12:27:48AM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

> Matthias Klose a écrit :
> >
> >Besides the C++ ABI change, all m68k and hppa packages depending on
> >libgcc1 have to be rebuilt to use libgcc2.
>
> It seems we have some work. I have quickly looked at the list of
> packages using libgcc1 (using apt-cache showpkg), it is really huge.
>
> Does anybody know how to proceed for that? Is doing binary only NMU the
> right way?

I have spoken with Matthias Klose here at Debconf 5. The number of
packages that are using libgcc1 is very huge (currently 1761). However
most of them will be rebuilt by the C++ transition as they are also
depending on libstdc++5. That's mean there is only 53 packages to
rebuild (see the list at the end of this mail).

Binary-only NMU are the way to do that, except if one of the binary
packages depends with on a all package with strict versioning.

I'll try to start rebuilding those packages using sbuild today.

Bye,
Aurelien

acepack_1.3.2.1-2
aolserver4_4.0.10-3
apt-rpm_0.5.15cnc6-3
atlas3_3.6.0-19
atlas_3.2.1ln-15
bakery-gnomeui2.0_2.0.0-3
blacs-mpi_1.1-23
blacs-pvm_1.1-16
blas_1.1-14
cernlib_2005.05.09-1
cluster_1.9.8-1
db4.1_4.1.25-18
dcmtk_3.5.3-3
design_2.0.11-1
epiphany-extensions_1.6.4-1
gsmlib_1.10-6
hmisc_3.0.6-1
icewm_1.2.21+1.2.22pre2-1
kernsmooth_2.22.15-1
lapack3_3.0.20000531a-6
lapack_3.0.20000531a-28
lftp_3.2.1-1
libcgicc_3.2.3-2.1
liblip_1.2-3
libxml-xerces-perl_2.5.0-3-1
macrosystem_0.51-6
mapserver_4.4.1-2
mgcv_1.3-3-1
mlterm_2.9.2-2
mn-fit_5.06-1
mpb_1.4.2-7
mpich_1.2.5.3-5
multimix_19981218-9
plplot_5.3.1-4
pmx_2.5.4-1
pointless_0.5-5
quadprog_1.4.7-2
r-base_2.1.1-1
r-noncran-lindsey_1.0.20041008-1
refblas3_1.2-8
regexx_0.98.1-10
rxvt-unicode_5.6-1
scalapack_1.7-8
simgear_0.3.8-1
siproxd_1:0.5.10+cvs20050423-1
sm_2.0.14-1
soundtouch_1.2.1-6
swingwt_0.87-1
swt-gtk_3.0+3.1M4-3
trang_20030619-3
tseries_0.9.27-1
xbsql_0.11-4

 : :' :  Debian GNU/Linux developer | Electrical Engineer