Re: Struggling with Debian install on C3000/785

http://www.fr.parisc-linux.org/faq/graphics-howto.html

> 2) If I choose to "interact with IPL" I am not able to proceed to boot
> using the "b" command. Er, NOTHING happens except it displays
>
> 0/vmlinux

Did you first erase the 0 that is displayed by palo before entering 'b'?
Looks like you are editing the palo command line.

http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/PA-RISC-Linux-Boot-HOWTO/paloearlyboot.html#AEN669

 > 3) The Install chooses a 32-bit kernel by default. How can I force the
> install to choose a 64-bit Kernel? I want to use all my bits!!

The install chooses an appropriate kernel for your machine. Please read
the FAQ about why using a 64-bit kernel may not be a good idea.

http://www.fr.parisc-linux.org/faq/index.html#bootparams

randolph