RE: Struggling with Debian install on C3000/785

> Hi,
> 	My second go with Debian so I'm quite new at this!
> 	I've had A system up and running, but it's not quite right!
>
> 1) I have a HPA4553A (FX4) Graphic card, which does not appear to be
> supported!
>
> Could somebody recommend a good PCI card which would fit in this
> 64-Bit PCI Slot, and which is supported under Debian.
>
> I have been able to get "Woody" working using the serial console, but
> I want this machine as a desktop development tool, not a server!
>
> 2) If I choose to "interact with IPL" I am not able to proceed to boot
> using the "b" command. Er, NOTHING happens except it displays
>
> 0/vmlinux

It asks you to enter the command
You should delete 0/vmlinux and press b then enter to boot
To select a 64 bit kernel you write:
0/vmlinux64 then enter then you delete the line at which the prompt is
and press b and then enter

see
http://www.pateam.org/parisc-linux-boot/PA-RISC-Linux-Boot-HOWTO.html
for more info