Re: [parisc-linux] Matrox Mystique video card NOT initialized on HP Visualize 785/B2000 with 2.6.12-rc6-pa1kernel

On 7/1/05, J. L. Lee <jllee@singnet.com.sg> wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  I have now upgraded to Linux Kernel 2.6.12-rc6-pa1 but am still having
> problems in getting Matrox Mystique video card up and running, i.e. the card
> did not get initialized. At least it didn't cause Kernel panic as it did in
> 2.6.8.  (The driver is compiled into the kernel.)

Have you read the FAQ (http://www.parisc-linux.org/faq/graphics-howto.html) ?
Especially this bit:

"But some graphics drivers might have minor issues.
E.g. to ensure the Matrox Millenium graphics card will be initialized properly
one must physically disconnect the computer from the power line before
(re)booting - it is not sufficient to just press the power-off button."

  Max