Re: Problem Installing Debian 3.0r1 on HP Visualize C3700 workstation

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 02:36:27PM -0500, Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:
> Hi there --
>
> I am experimenting with Debian 3.0r1 and have a Visualize C3700 workstation.
> I have downloaded the HPPA images and have gone through the motions of
> installing the operating system.

Andrew,
I doubt the kernel on those images will work on C3700.
We didn't have access to the HW and several problems have been
fixed since then.

I can think of two choices:
1) grab a newer kernel from http://cvs.parsc-linux.org/downloads/
   and build your own lifimage. Set up dhcp/tftp so the lif image
   can be netbooted and point at the CD-image as root=/dev/cdrom.
   Lots of grungy details to make this work but the basics are
   documented on the parisc-linux.org website.

2) Grab the Debian-Installer from

   and give it a try. Some things may not work right but
   I'm pretty sure the kernel it uses will boot on c3700.

hth,
grant