Binutils on sarti ?

Randolph wrote:
> yeah, the latest binutils is partially broken. a patch was just posted
> for this today, so it'll be in the next binutils upload.

I notice that binutils 2.14.90.0.4-0.1 appears to have this fix, and
was uploaded on May 31th.  However, that same day a bigloo build was
finally triggered... but apprently with the old 2.12.90.0.1-4.

Looking at when the package was installed (in case it would have been
downgraded because of a new bug), I notice that the timestamp is quite
strange indeed:

dirson@sarti:~$ ls -l /var/lib/dpkg/info/binutils.list
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         3981 May 15  2002 /var/lib/dpkg/info/binutils.list

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique