Re: A180C Freeze at Rescue Floppy

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 02:28:40PM -0500, David Douthitt wrote:
> Actually, in the process of testing, I have.  The HP-UX disk remains
> intact and operational.  The new Debian disks do not have a valid LIF.

Ok. Can you reboot with a install CD (or net boot) and get
"fdisk -l /dev/sdX"?
"X" is for either of the two linux drives.

> >>Isn't there a shell prompt available during the login process?
>
> Well? :-)

Sorry - I don't understand the question.
There's a boot "process" and an install "process".
Once the system has booted, the last thing run by init
should be a getty (which runs "login" process) on the console.

grant