Re:Re: Micro-HOWTO debian-hppa on 715/80 with serial console & cdrom

To burn an iso image with a win machine you can use "easy cd creator". A
small tip for burning options: you should close the session, and finalize
the disc  (no new session possible on the CD).
I burn both palinux-0.9-32serial.iso and palinux-0.9-32sti.iso by this way.
The CD  seem work properly: I well install a palinux on 712.

                    Bill Ferguson
                    <ferguson@qua        Pour :  debian-hppa@lists.debian.org
                    ngo.net>             cc :
                                         Objet :      Re: Micro-HOWTO debian-hppa on 715/80 with serial console & cdrom
                    04/09/01
                    08:52
                    Veuillez
                    répondre à
                    ferguson

At 07:15 PM 9/1/2001 -0400, B. Douglas Hilton wrote:
>2. Make the cdrom
>
>    I used the iso image "palinux-0.9-32serial.iso" from
>    www.linux-parisc.org  When Debian woody is ready
>    you should just follow the new instructions.
>
>    Note: I tried the 0.9.2 image and it did _not_ work
>    with this 715/80. You have been warned. Newer is
>    not always better.
>
>    Download and make the cdrom as per the CD-Writing
>    HOWTO. In my case, after un-gzipping I just did:
>        cdrecord -v speed=8 dev=0,6,0 -data palinux-0.9-32serial.iso

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to burn the ISO CDROM from a NT
box?
Any burner I have access to does not have Linux running on it.

The ones I have tried creating have failed to boot.