Re: booting problems

Hello Richard,

Richard Hirst wrote:

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 12:06:07PM -0400, James Waterhouse wrote:

Hello everyone,
I'm seem to be having trouble booting into linux on my 712/60. I hope someone can help. I have built a new kernel (from cvs) and also set up an nfs root. When I try to boot the linux boots up to the point where it says "Cleaning: /tmp/ /var/lock /var/run" and then it just hangs. Any idea what is cause it to hang? Could there be a problem with the nfsroot?

Possible.  What are you using for your nfsroot?

For an nfsroot I'm using the debian base from
ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/binaries/debian/basetars/base-20010404.tar.gz

Does it still respond to pings?

Yes it still responds to pings.

What console are you using?

I don't know... (do you mean sti or serial? if so then I think it is sti ... whatever is default the config)

Do you get a prompt if you boot with 'init=/bin/sh'?

How do I do that?

James

Richard