Re: Looking for a sponsor for haskell-augeas package
The license should be LGPL-3. It looks like this is correct in
so I must have screwed up the mentors.d.o submission somehow.
For the Description field, could you use 'Haskell bindings for the augeas library' ?
For the HUNit issue, could you add HUnit as a build dependency ?
I agree with all the other changes (adding a 'make clean' in the debian/rules and removing the bug number from debian/changelog).
Please let me know if there are any non-packaging-related changes that would help with the packaging.
On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Joachim Breitner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Am Montag, den 22.11.2010, 08:56 -0500 schrieb Jude:
hmm, the package you uploaded to mentors.d.o has several problems:
> The #7 bug number irefers to http://trac.haskell.org/augeas/ticket/7
> I haven't filed an ITP for the package,
> I'm not interested in maintaining more than just this package at this
> I'm OK with the DHG maintaining the package.
> Please let me know if there are any changes I should make to the
> source to make this easier.
* There is a patch debian/patches/debian-changes-0.3.4-1 adding
autotool-files. These files probably need to be cleaned. I see that they
are mentioned in make clean, so make clean should be called from
* The Description field contains „Short description of augeas“
* The cabal field defines a binary depending on HUnit. This should not
be built (e.g. by patching the .cabal file), unless you really want to
run the tests on build.
* If that is intentional the package needs build dependencies.
* The LICENSE file say LGPL-2.1+, but debian/copyright says LGPL-3.
* The Closes: in debian/changelog should refer to Debian bugs or none
But as I said, you don’t have to worry about the packaging if the DHG
does it. But before we do, we need to at least know what’s up with the