Re: [Pkg-haskell-maintainers] Bug#576094: please provide upgrade path for haskell-hdbc-doc
Excerpts from Stefan Potyra's message of Qua Mar 31 18:11:29 -0300 2010:
> Package: libghc6-hdbc-doc
> as I noticed, you have changed the binary name of the -doc package from
> haskell-hdbc-doc to libghc6-hdbc-doc. The usual approach to do so is to
> add a dummy package with the old name depending on the package with the
> new name.
We need to do it to all packages listed in
http://wiki.debian.org/Haskell/CollabMaint/UploadCoordination . Help is
welcome from DDs and not-DDs.
How to help:
* Put your name in front of the package in the page.
* Include the dummy package as suggested in
http://wiki.debian.org/Renaming_a_Package , Method A.
* Check that the generated dummy package is empty, and the new -doc package has
the right files.
* Push the changes
* Do the upload, if you're a DD
* After the upload is done, cross the package name in the wiki page.