Re: Debian on Zaurus status?

* Major A (andras@users.sourceforge.net) wrote:

> > > What's the status of your SD/MMC driver, BTW?
> >
> > Hasn't been touched in a few months, not much to it really.  Its just a
> > matter of implementing the slot driver using the SPI interface on
> > Sharp's locomo chip.  Time is the major limiting factor.
>
> Is the protocol documentation available for download somewhere? If so,
> it's probably just a matter of a few nights' work before we have a
> working SD/MMC driver for the PXA-based models -- or have the
> handhelds people done that already for their ipaqs?

They have that.  There are two MMC drivers, one in nico's trees, one in
handhelds.org.  The handhelds.org one supports SD as well.  What we need
isnt the protocol, just the low level slot driver for the specific
hardware in question.  Most of the PXA models just use the existing pxa
mmc controller, so its mostly done.  The only one that requires any
amount of real work is the one for collie (5000d/5500), which uses a
proprietary Sharp chip to interface with the sd/mmc cards.
--
Chris Larson - kergoth at handhelds dot org
Embedded Linux Developer - clarson at ti dot com