pango 1.14.9 and pango-libthai

Hello,

Pango 1.14.9 has been released [1] with Thai language engine
(in addition to shaping engine).

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2006-December/msg00025.html

The language engine is currently provided by pango-libthai
package in Debian. But, in favor of the language engine
from upstream version, which was actually taken from
pango-libthai code, I'd like to drop pango-libthai from Debian,
and use upstream version instead.

Unfortunately, this would take a few more steps.

What we need in the new pango deb is
- Build-Depends: libthai-dev >= 0.1.7-1
- Conflicts: pango-libthai

However, libthai in sid/etch is currently 0.1.6-1.
Libthai 0.1.7 would require a new package, libdatrie,
for which I have filed ITP bug #392315, and
prepared the package in mentors.debian.net [2],
waiting for sponsorship for over a month.

[2] http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libdatrie/

And libthai 0.1.7-1 has also been prepared but
distributed locally [3], until libdatrie is available
in Debian.

[3] http://linux.thai.net/apt/libthai/

Its source can be obtained by:

dget http://linux.thai.net/apt/libthai/libthai_0.1.7-1.dsc

That's all we need, to have Thai language engine
in the new pango.

Alternatively, if that takes too much, esp. if the new
pango is still aimed for etch, we can ship it without
Thai language module, and provide pango-libthai
until libthai 0.1.7 makes it into Debian. But in the long
run, pango-libthai is doomed (as well as its friend,
gtk-im-libthai, once the new GTK+ is released
upstream).

What do you think?

Regards,
--