Re: All the icons disappeared from gnome panel / nautilus in unstable

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 04:20:22PM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le jeudi 26 janvier 2006 à 17:14 +0200, Pasi Kärkkäinen a écrit :
> > > Either it is gnome-settings-daemon that isn't running properly, or it is
> > > a stale gconfd-2 process. Have you tried to kill those processes if they
> > > are still running? Is there anything meaningful in your .xsession-errors
> > > file ?
> >
> > gnome-settings-daemon seems to be running, and gconfd-2 also. I have also
> > rebooted, didn't help..
>
> Now, what happens if you try to read some gconf values by hand:
> gconftool-2 --get /desktop/gnome/interface/icon_theme
>
> Also, do you see them in gconf-editor ?

$ gconftool-2 --get /desktop/gnome/interface/icon_theme
No value set for `/desktop/gnome/interface/icon_theme'

When I check that with gconf-editor, it seems that the whole
/desktop/gnome/interfaces is missing!

I also added completely new user to the system, rebooted, and logged in with
that new user.. same problem, icons missing etc..

-- Pasi