Re: GNOME Fam or Gamin Problem

On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 13:22 +0300, Alper KANAT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having this problem for very long time since I installed my Debian
> box from testing repo. I upgraded the whole system to unstable today and
> it's still the same.. I've compiled my own kernel with inotify support
> (also disabled dnotify) Is this the reason that FAM or Gamin doesn't
> update directories , menus etc and they seem to work according to ps aux ?

What version of the kernel, gamin, and inotify are using?

The kernel interface to inotify changed a month ago, and you might be
using a bad combination.

Sending a debug log would be helpful to.

kill -USR2 `pidof gam_server`

will start dumping a debug log into /tmp/gamin_debug_?????

If you send that, I can give you a better idea of what is going on.

--
John McCutchan <ttb@tentacle.dhs.org>