Re: Bloated "System" menu in G 2.10

Am Mon, 13 Jun 2005 22:20:09 +0200 schrieb Sebastien Bacher:

> Le lundi 13 juin 2005 à 15:07 +0200, Johannes Rohr a écrit :
>> Hi everyone,
>
>> Is the "system" menu hard-coded? Or is there anything else that can be
>> done to make the bloat go away? Gnome-panel 2.10.1-3 from unstable,
>> gnome-menus 2.10.1-2, also.
>
> the menu description is /etx/xdg/menus/gnome-settings.menu.

Ah, thanks! After commenting out the "legacy dir" stanza, the menu looks
/much/ better!

I was looking for something like "system.menu", corresponding
to the menu's name. Would be a good idea to have it renamed.

> The correct
> way to fix your issue is to fill bugs on the different .desktop which
> don't use a Categories= line and are not placed to
> /usr/share/applications.

Well, I've filed a bug against pan ages ago, but without reaction. I don't
know about the KDE stuff. "find /usr/share/applnk -name "*desktop""
returns 322 files,

dlocate `find /usr/share/applnk/ -name "*desktop"`|awk '{print $1}'\
|sort|uniq|wc -l

returns 52 packages.

So either KDE hasn't gone for /usr/share/applications or it is a case for
mass bug filing.

Thanks,

Johannes

--