Re: Installation Report for Sarge

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 12:15:17AM -0400, Jonathan Brandmeyer wrote:
 > On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 20:45, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
 >
 > >  She also found the fact that the toolbar is gone not only annoying but
 > >  confusing, because actually burning the CD requires a "File -> Write to
 > >  CD".
 >
 > ??  On my system, there is a "Write to CD" toolbar item, at least in
 > browser mode, which is all I use.

 But not in ... what's the name ... spatial mode? which is the default
 (and a PITA to change, since it's not obvious what you want to change
 in the first place) (fwiw, it's
 /apps/nautilus/preferences/always_use_browser, but I dare anyone to
 call this intuitive).

 > Under "Applications" there is a "Browse Filesystem" launcher which
 > always runs Nautilus in browser mode, regardless of the value of
 > /apps/nautilus/preferences/always_use_browser.

 Oh, thanks for the tip.  I would have never looked for _that_ _there_.
 I'm not sure about my sister, but my guess is "neither would have she".

 Marcelo