Re: My experiences with experimental Gnome 2.6

I'll add my own experience.  I experienced some package breakages, but
that seems to be fixed in the latest packages.  And I got bit by some
processes failing to go away on logout, which caused gconfd to not be
able to start.  I also experienced problems with applets failing to
start when libpanel-applet2-0 was not being upgraded.

current problems (that I have encountered so far):
- gedit fails to start with the new libeel, but I assume that should be
  fixed when the new gedit goes in.
- When I try to add a keyboard layout in the Keyboard capplet, I get an
  "Error activating  XKB configuration.  Probably an internal X server
  problem."  I'm using XFree86 server 4.2.1, if it makes any
  difference.  In any event, the error message is very uninformative.
- The hardware-monitor applet no longer has any sort of
  transparency/anti-aliasing with the new gtk, which makes the display
  kind of ugly.
- In Epiphany, sometimes the dropdown list, as I type the URL, appears
  above the text box, rather than below, resulting in most of the
  dropdown being off-screen.

Thank you for all the good work.

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/