Re: pbuilder

El dom, 28-03-2004 a las 16:18, Michel Dänzer escribió:
> First of all, let me say that the GNOME 2.6 packages are basically
> coming along great[1]. Keep up the good work.
>
> Unfortunately, while building them on powerpc, I'm hitting a lot of
> problems which could have been trivially detected by the maintainers
> with pbuilder (or a similar tool of their choice). It would also be
> useful to prevent dependencies on experimental (or even unofficial)
> packages from leaking into packages in sid, for example.

I'm also compiling packages for powerpc
(http://carlos.pemas.net/debian/gnome2.6) and all bugs I saw are already
notified to the authors so they should be fixed as soon as the svn
repository is running again.

> Personally, I'd no longer feel comfortable uploading any package not
> built with pbuilder. I think it's worth spending the time to learn to
> use it for everyone. I'll happily share my experience with it.
>

> [1] Except for some icon related problems: nautilus only shows the
> default icon for everything, and the Debian Menu doesn't show any folder
> icons. Anyone else seeing this?

The icons problem is solved installing the new gnome-control-center
package, next nautilus package will have a dependency on the needed
packages so it does not happens again.

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín