Update to X 4.3

Hi,

I'm not quite sure whether this is the right place to ask, but I'm a bit puzzled about whether or not I should dare updating my xserver from 4.2.1 to 4.3.0.

The thing is, if I select xbase-clients, a whole host of packages are marked for removal (see attached xbase-clients.txt.bz2). Other packages seem to depend on this package updated, such as totem:

root@rocket:/home/pc# apt-get install --dry-run totem | more
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
libice-dev libice6 libsm-dev libsm6 libx11-6 libx11-dev libxext-dev libxext6 libxft1 libxi-dev libxi6 libxmu-dev libxmu6 libxmuu-dev libxmuu1 libxp-dev libxp6 libxpm-dev libxpm4 libxrandr-dev libxrandr2 libxt-dev libxt6 libxtrap-dev libxtrap6 libxtst-dev libxtst6 libxv-dev libxv1 pm-dev x-dev xbase-clients xfree86-common xlibs xlibs-data xlibs-dev xlibs-static-dev
libice-dev libice6 libsm-dev libsm6 libx11-6 libx11-dev libxext-dev libxext6 libxft1 libxi-dev libxi6 libxmu-dev libxmu6 libxmuu-dev libxmuu1 libxp-dev libxp6 libxpm-dev libxpm4 libxrandr-dev libxrandr2 libxt-dev libxt6 libxtrap-dev libxtrap6 libxtst-dev libxtst6 libxv-dev libxv1 pm-dev x-dev xlibs-data xlibs-static-dev
 totem xbase-clients xfree86-common xlibs xlibs-dev
5 upgraded, 33 newly installed, 0 to remove and 368 not upgraded.

What I'm worried about now is that by updating totem and, by consequently upgrading xbase-clients, I would do major harm to my system and render most of the gnome-/gtk-based programs unusable. Is that interpretation correct, or am I just worrying too much here?

Best regards,

Andreas