Re: merging more packages into pkg-gnome?

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 01:39:30PM +0100, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> I am trying to compile gnome2.6 rc1 from pkg-gnome svn repository and I
> have found out that many basic packages are not part of pkg-gnome.

We're still only keeping 2.4.x packages in pkg-gnome. I'm not willing to
overwrite all of my packages with 2.6 versions until we get a proper svn
branching policy in place. It'll be too much trouble if we'll need to
patch our 2.4.x packages that are in stable in the future.

On another note, could we seriously consider switching over to TLA/Arch
on Alioth?  It's a lot nicer than Subversion is that everything is
technically a branch meaning that multiple developers can go off working
co-operatively with their own independent branches before someone
commits it back into the public Alioth repository.

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnu-arch/

Cheers,
Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau

	Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau	<http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~alau/>
 Debian GNU/Linux Maintainer & UNSW Computing Students' Society President
				     -
		  "Nobody expects the Debian Inquisition!
     Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency!"