Re: gnome 2.6 packaging strategy

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 10:20:12PM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le mer 17/03/2004 à 21:50, Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo a écrit :
> > > Yes, we are going in this way (basically "mv packages trunk" and create a
> > > branches/2.4/ and move 2.4 version here when a package is updated to 2.6).
> >
> >   Sorry, but I don't understand what is the current layout.
> >   Gnomemeeting, for example, is currently at both trunk and branches/2.4
> >   and afaik, it has not been ported to gnome 2.6 yet.
> >
> >   And as I see there are also some things in packages
>
> Sorry, I forgot to post an explanation.
>
> The packages belonging to the GNOME desktop release were put into
> desktop/. Work on 2.4 packages should be done in the 2.4 branch, in
> branches/2.4. When updating them to version 2.5/2.6, this should be done
> in the trunk directory.
>
> Other packages were kept at the same place, in packages/.
>
> As for gnomemeeting, I wonder whether it should be treated differently;
> it belongs to the GNOME desktop release, but because of its nature,
> we'll always want the latest stable gnomemeeting version to be packaged.

  Yes, this is an special package considering this. It usually needs
  more an "experimental" branch than a 2.4/2.6 one, though it can be
  needed someday. I talk about experimental branch as for now, version
  1.00 of it is in experimental, due to some problems with openh323 and
  pwlib, and this problems will happen again for sure.

  How could we cope with this?

--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
   jsogo@debian.org