Re: gnome 2.6 packaging strategy

Le mer 17/03/2004 à 21:50, Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo a écrit :
> > Yes, we are going in this way (basically "mv packages trunk" and create a
> > branches/2.4/ and move 2.4 version here when a package is updated to 2.6).
>
>   Sorry, but I don't understand what is the current layout.
>   Gnomemeeting, for example, is currently at both trunk and branches/2.4
>   and afaik, it has not been ported to gnome 2.6 yet.
>
>   And as I see there are also some things in packages

Sorry, I forgot to post an explanation.

The packages belonging to the GNOME desktop release were put into
desktop/. Work on 2.4 packages should be done in the 2.4 branch, in
branches/2.4. When updating them to version 2.5/2.6, this should be done
in the trunk directory.

Other packages were kept at the same place, in packages/.

As for gnomemeeting, I wonder whether it should be treated differently;
it belongs to the GNOME desktop release, but because of its nature,
we'll always want the latest stable gnomemeeting version to be packaged.