Re: Re: gtk 2.4 and gnome 2.6

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 01:51:35PM -0800, Link Dupont wrote:
> the prettiest picture. And with G2.6 we have a new GTK+ release as well.
> Ross is right in this case I believe. GTK+ can get added since its
> independent. But it just makes more sense to build up the G2.6 release
> into experimental, the drop it into unstable. If you really want G2.6
> there are a number of other ways to build it (jhbuild, garnome, etc).

Well, not so independent. One of Debian's goals is to release packages
that don't fail to build if you apt-get source -b them.

Pulling a GTK update to unstable will probably break stuff GNOME/GTK
packages that DISABLE_DEPRECATED stuff, ie, will introduce RC bugs.

My vote is that we either push it all or none.

Jordi
jordi@sindominio.net     jordi@debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/~jordi/