Re: gtk 2.4 and gnome 2.6

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 20:20, Raphaël "SurcouF" Bordet wrote:
> Evolution 1.5.5 goes to experimental because of it's a devel version.
> If GTK+ 2.4 and Gnome 2.6 will be release as stable by Gnome project,
> why would you put it into experimental ?

Because we have a release soon, and rocking the boat with another new
GNOME release is not something a responsible packaging team would do
unless they *know* that it works and will migrate to testing quickly.

At the moment Debian unstable isn't about "the latest and greatest", but
"getting ready for Sarge".

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com